Many of us are lacking the required vitamins and minerals our bodies need to function to their fullest capacity. Through Letourneau’s Compounding Pharmacy you can access the full line of Metagenics vitamins that can supplement help your body function at optimal performance day in and day out! There are 13 essential vitamins that our bodies require:
- Vitamin A: helps form and maintain healthy teeth, bones, soft tissue, mucous membranes, and skin.
- Vitamin B1, also known as thiamine helps the body cells change carbohydrates into energy. It is also essential for heart function and healthy nerve cells.
- Vitamin B2, also known as riboflavin (vitamin B2) is important for body growth and the production of red blood cells.
- Vitamin B5, also known as pantothenic acid is essential for the metabolism of food. It also plays a role in the production of hormones and cholesterol.
- Vitamin B6 is also called pyridoxine. Vitamin B6 helps form red blood cells and maintain brain function.
- Vitamin B12 is important for metabolism and helps form red blood cells and maintain the nervous system.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant that promotes healthy teeth and gums, absorb iron, and promote wound healing.
- Vitamin D is a vitamin we all learned a lot about during COVID, and because the sun is a great source of Vitamin D, people living in the northeast are usually low in this vitamin. Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium and helps modulate our immune responses.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps the body form red blood cells and use vitamin K.
- Vitamin K helps our blood to clot when we get injured.
- Biotin is essential for the metabolism of proteins and carbohydrates, and in the production of hormones and cholesterol.
- Niacin is a B vitamin that helps maintain healthy skin and nerves.
- Folate works with vitamin B12 to help form red blood cells. It is needed for the production of DNA, which controls tissue growth and cell function. It is also required in pregnancy to prevent birth defects.
- Choline helps in normal functioning of the brain and nervous system. Lack of choline can cause swelling in liver.
- Carnitine helps the body to change fatty acids into energy.
Metagenics offers multivitamin options for men, women, and children, and even has specific multivitamins based on your age, or stage in life such as during pregnancy. Check out their entire offering here: https://letourneauspharmacy.metagenics.com.